Friday, February 19, 2010

BUZZ BEANS

I think caffeine makes me a better person. When I was working in Seattle, my meals were paid for and there was a Tully's one floor below my desk... so, naturally, I drank a little more coffee than usual. I was working longer hours than I normally do, but I was doing things at twice my normal speed, and was feeling pretty okay by the end of most days. When I came home and went back to my usual routine, I felt sluggish and less alert. I go home at night feeling tired and foggy headed.... I've held out at one cup of joe a day for about 5 years now, but I'm seriously considering graduating myself to the next level.

For the next couple of weeks, I'm going to try adding a cup of coffee to the later half of my day, and see if that makes a difference in how I feel. I'm a little bit scared of acclimating myself to higher and higher levels of caffeine addiction, but I'm hoping I'll be able to hold steady at 2 cups a day for at least another 5 years...

This blog is really wearing me down today... I'm gonna go grab a cup of coffee....

No comments: