Friday, March 5, 2010

AZUKI YA!

I've been slacking on my blog lately, so.... I just want to say that Japanese bakeries are incredible and that everyone should try going to one.

Their white bread is unlike any white bread I've had. It is yeasty, dense and chewy, but still incredibly fluffy. I used to think that white bread was a waste, but that is all changed now.

You also MUST buy some red bean buns ("Azuki Buns"). They are the most delicious little treat in the whole wide world, especially if you heat them up just a little bit. A red bean bun is basically a slightly sweet bun with a mixture of red beans, sugar, and mochi baked into the middle. They're just sweet enough to be dessert or breakfast, but not sweet enough to be overpowering. Lately, Azuki buns are all I can think about, and I'm pretty sure I'll be attempting to make them some time in the near future....

Oh yeah.... I'm not big on quotes, but I heard one that stuck with me yesterday....
"Ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is for life..."  
I'm not entirely sure why, but I think this is the best quote I've ever heard...

No comments: