Wednesday, September 28, 2011

PING PONG

If you didn't already know, I'm a bit of a ping pong junkie. At my old job, we used to have a ping pong table out in the factory, where I would play with one of my co-workers every day. We got pretty good after a while, and I really enjoyed it. Ping Pong is actually supposed to be a really good workout - about half as good as running for the same amount of time (250 calories/hr).

When I changed jobs, I lost the chance to play, and went over three years without playing at all. I got pretty rusty, and missed playing. At my new job, I have access to a table again, and everyone seems to play at lunch. There are so many of us that we have to play doubles. It's a lot of fun, but I miss the fast pace of the one-on-one games that I used to play. 

I just discovered a community ping pong center about 10 minutes from my house where they have 15 olympic style tables. The center is open to anyone on weekend nights for 5 dollars. I'm excited to give it a try and check it out. I know it's not a workout routine that will change my life, but it would be nice to have some fun and get some exercise at the same time... I also think it will be cool to see some professional players practicing and maybe pick up some new tricks :)

1 comment:

mitchellsbrain said...

This is the way I would go! http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=2&subAreaID=&query=ping+pong&catAbb=sss