Tuesday, October 11, 2011

PULLING A BETSY

I haven't made as much progress as I'd like, but I am slowly getting through my list. I finally finished assembling and wiring my trailer, and my boat is now sitting on it, slowly filling with rain water. On Saturday, I went out and bought a bunch of really nice boat cover fabric, some sewing machine needles, and thread. I got everything set up, went to sew part of the boat cover together, and promptly broke the sewing machine. Apparently, nothing can sew the fabric I bought except an industrial machine. Luckily, we bought the sewing machine at Costco recently, so it will be returned, and my life will not be ended. Unluckily, I am now stuck with yards and yards of sewing that I must now do by hand. It's hard work! I taped some plastic shields to a gardening glove, and I can push the needle through the fabric wearing the glove, but it's gonna take a while. So... that's where I'll be for the next few evenings... sitting on the couch, getting my Betsy Ross on...

No comments: