Thursday, June 3, 2010

RATCHET UP

In order to do a better job on my woodworking projects, I've realized that I need to spend about 50% of my time in the garage making jigs and helpful devices that are easily adjustable and re-usable. I already built a crosscut sled for my table saw, which allows me to make perfectly square 90 degree cuts very easily. Next on my list is a miter sled, which will allow me to make perfect 45 degree cuts every time.

Every time I make something like this, my work becomes a little bit more accurate, and I have new options available to me that don't require a whole lot of effort. Each time I finish a project from now on, I plan to build something for my garage before beginning a new project. In this way, I should be able to gradually improve over time, while making my time in the garage more satisfying and less frustrating.

Here is my current wish list:
Miter Sled
Adjustable Grinder Table for better sharpening
Socket Organizer
Wrench Organizer
Band Saw Rip Fence
Band Saw Miter Gauge
Workbench Tail Vice

No comments: