Thursday, December 31, 2009

INSPIRATION

While on vacation, we've been eating out at a lot of really cool restaurants, and I've found that going to new places and eating at new restaurants is surpirisingly inspring. There is so much that I want to cook when I get home, and I don't want to forget these ideas:

  • Make homemade malted vanilla ice cream, with real vanilla bean and maybe a little booze of some kind...
  • Figure out how to make a really good chocolate lava cake
  • Figure out how to make a truly good veggie burger patty
  • Cheese Fondue... Pancetta, white wine, and lots O' cheese
  • Linguini and clams with cream and homemade pasta
  • Try making malt vinegar salt for french fries... I'm thinking salt soaked in venegar and then dried out in a low oven...
  • Cure your own bacon
I think I'm going to need to start exercising when I get home :(

Here are a few more pictures from our trip....







No comments: