Wednesday, January 27, 2010

HARD TIME

Well, it is official... I've been sentenced to two weeks in the chilly northwest, away from my family, and away from all the pressing things that I need to do. The northwest is fairly depressing for me as a general rule, due to the gloomy climate and the circumstances of my visits, but I need to try to be positive.

I'll finally have a chance to catch up on my reading to prepare for our baby that will be here in around three months. Between work, my giant list, and the day to day happenings of life, it is rare that I have the time or energy to sit down and read a technical or dry book. I'll probably need to work weekends and overtime while I'm up there, but there will be no dishes, no laundry, no cooking, and no cleaning. In addition, there will be noone to spend time with, and very little to do.

I plan on seeing the bright side here and using my unwanted liesure time to do something productive. There is lots of research and planning to be done, and I'll finally have some extra time and energy to take it on.

In the meantime, I have four and a half days. I plan on working like a dog as much as possible so that I can cross a few things off my list. My goal is, at a minimum, to have my garage up, running, and ready for action, and to have my house unpacked and organized before I leave......eeesh......

No comments: