Sunday, January 10, 2010

YOUNGS ON THE MOVE

My wife and I have been looking for a new place to live for what seems like an eternity. First, we were trying to buy, but gave that up and decided to rent, thinking that we could find somewhere really great.... neither approach seemed to be working. This weekend, I had the most amazing renting experience of my life. We got in our car and went driving around one of the neighborhoods we wanted to live in (near mercurystate's neck of the woods), and spotted a likely candidate.

We called the landlord to find out that the 2 bed, 2 1/2 bath property was unlocked, so about 2 minutes after we found it, we walked in and checked the place out, and for the first time in this apartment hunting bout, I was not horrified by what we found... in fact, I was thrilled!

To make a long story short, we spotted, applied, and signed a lease for a house to live in, all in the course of about 3 hours. I left my house that morning expecting nothing at all and returned home with a new life ahead of me! I had pretty much given up hope of ever finding what we were looking for, so I really can't describe how wonderful my Saturday was.

Let's just suffice it to say that I now have a two car garage, a gas stove, and a little place to plant some tomatoes... heaven on earth.....

2 comments:

Lisa Young said...

Really? The walk-in closets don't get a shout out? Walk-in closets!!! :)

Matthew Kristof said...

congrats steve. where you guys moving to?