Tuesday, January 26, 2010

THE LOOMING LIST

We're finally moved into our new apartment! On Sunday, we moved the last of our things into the new house, and now the long process of unpacking, arranging, and re-arranging has begun... the only problem is that time seems to be at a premium these days, and there does not seem to be enough hours in a day to do what needs to be done. Between pregnancy classes, doctor's appointments, and the looming possibility of business travel, I'm finding that it is going to be very difficult to keep up with my growing to do list. Just to keep me focused, and because lists make me feel better, here's what I need to do as of today, in the order it needs to be done...
  • Organize the garage. It looks like something exploded in there at the moment. I was able to get the kayaks hung, and the boat positioned last night...but there is still a long way to go. I still need to stow my fishing poles and dive gear, reposition my workbench, and sort and set up my tools.
  • Build a shelf above the laundry area for cleaning products. This will get a lot of clutter in the garage organized and put away.
  • Paint the new entertainment center doors. The doors are ready for putty, sanding, and paint. I'm considering getting this hvlp spray gun to help with all the painting I'm going to be doing in the coming months. The doors would be a great test.
  • Touch up some really horrible patch jobs on the walls inside the house.
  • Paint the nursery. We're leaning towards a green color and a nature-like theme....
  • Re-wire and tune my "new" old table saw, and make a crosscut sled for it that can also be used to cut 45 degree miters.
  • Re-purpose our old entertainment center for baby storage. I need to make/remove several shelves, add some new doors, and paint to go with the nursery. Lots of sanding and painting is going to be required for this one....
  • Build a small bookshelf for the nursery.
  • Build a toy chest for the nursery.
  • Touch up the paint on our night stands and entertainment center. Hopefully, the spray gun will make this quick and easy.
  • Paint an end table that needs some re-finishing.
  • Build some bookshelves for the house.
  • Build a rocking chair.
  • Build a new coffee table.
  • Build a new kitchen table.
My list is a little bit overwhelming at the moment, but at the same time, I really enjoy having lots of worthwhile projects to work on, which is much more exciting than the alternative. I'm hoping a few solid weekends will put a good dent in this list.

If anyone is looking for me this year, I'll be at work, in the garage, or sleeping.

3 comments:

mitchellsbrain said...

Pictures of the new place would be cool.

mitchellsbrain said...

add that to your list.It can be near the bottom/

STEVE said...

Lol... I'll be sure to post a few once we get all the rubble cleared...