Tuesday, January 19, 2010

INTROSPECTION

Now that I've had this blog for a little while, I realized that I wasn't using labels very effectively. I went through and changed all the labels, so now, if you're interested in a certain subject, you can click on it and see all the posts related to that topic. I've condensed everything so down to a pretty manageable list of topics. In doing this, I came across an interesting idea....I can actually track my level of interest in particular activities...

As of now, I used a cooking related label for 60% of my posts. Woodworking and fishing each came in at 5%. I find it fascinating that I can evaluate my interests with such clarity. At this point, I am obviously obsessed with cooking more than anything else, and I am very curious to see what these numbers look like after a full year.

I'm looking forward to using this enhanced vision to see myself with a little more clarity... This kind of information will let me see when I've allowed a hobby to go by the wayside, and either remind me to pick it up again, or bring me to the conclusion that it isn't something I'm really interested in...

No comments: